Friday, July 26, 2013

The small things.

        So only being about a week into my life journey I am already starting to find some of the little things that make me really happy. One of those things is my five year old niece. I never realized just how me stopping by for a few minutes made her so happy. I realized that she is one of the few people who loves me just for being me. She could care less how much money I make, what kind of car I drive, and I could live in a box and she would find a way to make it fun. All that matters to her is that I love her. I could take her to go do really expensive things and spend tons and tons of money on her all the time, which may make me a cool aunt, but she for her it doesn't matter if I am taking her to the zoo or just to my house for some girl time she just loves spending time with me.
         She just found out yesterday actually that I was going to be getting her on Wednesday and that she was staying the night and she got so excited. She asked me if she could bring some of her toys so that we could play together. It wasn't until later that she found out we were going to be going to the zoo, of course that made her a little more excited , but she would have been perfectly happy with having a sleepover with aunt Julia. Which makes me step back and think, why is it that as an adult we are always looking for things to do that cost so much money. When we could just hang out around the house with friends. Sure we arnt as creative as we were when we were five and we don't play with toys anymore. So other than that what is so different? I know I am for sure going to start looking for the littler things that can bring me joy instead of always trying to spend money to go do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment